Nominations for NASAR Board of Directors' positions with terms running from January 2014 through December 2016 will be accepted through 5pm Central Time May 30, 2013.
1. Must be a voting NASAR member in good standing
2. Must be willing to commit to a three (3) year term of office
3. Must be able to travel to meetings and other official organization events
Recommended Skill Sets for Potential Candidates
Experience in search and rescue is important. However, there are other factors that should be considered when nominating a member for a role as a Director of this national corporation:
1. Business experience -- Does the member have a background in business, especially not-for-profit work?
2. Special skills -- Is the member skilled in Accounting, Law, Negotiation, Fundraising, Strategic Planning? These are all critical components of the Board's work.
3. Communications skills -- Is the member at ease speaking to a group about potentially emotional subjects? Can the member adequately convey his or her thoughts both verbally and in writing?
All Nominations Must Include the Following Information
1. Name, address, and member number of nominee
2. Clear statement that the nominee has accepted the nomination
3. All nominations must be received by the NASAR Nominations Chair, George Rice, by 5pm Central Time May 30, 2013.
Once Nominated, Candidates Must Provide:
To the Executive Director, by close of business June 15, 2013, a JPEG headshot and a 250-word (maximum) biographical statement and candidate statement which includes:
1. Educational, work, experiential and volunteer history of nominee
2. Description of interest in SAR activities
3. Description of why nominee is interested in a board position and what constituents can expect from nominee if elected
Eligibility of all nominees will be verified before placement on ballot.
Meet the Candidates Session to be Conducted on May 30, 2013.
This will be the 9th year NASAR has offered members the opportunity to meet with and ask questions of the Board candidates in person. At 7:00pm on Thursday, May 30th we will hold a "Meet the Candidates" Session at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel. The session is scheduled in conjunction with NASAR's annual conference. It will be moderated by the Nominations Chair. Although it is not a requirement for Board candidates to participate in this session, it is highly recommended.
Questions about the nomination, petition and election process should be directed to Executive Director.