K9 of the Year Award Information
Tell us what makes your canine partner NASAR's K9 of the Year and NASAR will give the winner $1,000.00. Submit via email your 500 word essay and a jpeg photo of handler and canine by February 28, 2013 to the NASAR Executive Director.
- The handler must be a current NASAR member (either Individual or an active member of a NASAR member Organization).
- Canine and handler must be NASAR certified.
- If you are a Roster Member of NASAR, provide a letter from the unit's designated NASAR Voting Member confirming that you are a member in good standing with your unit.
- The dog must have been an active or certified K9 during the calendar year 2012 (dogs that retired during 2012 are eligible)
- Nomination may be based on a single outstanding event occurring in 2012 or may be based on the canine's cumulative (at least three years) outstanding career achievements.
The winning entry will be announced at the 2013 NASAR Conference at the Closing Award Ceremony on Saturday, June 1st. Entries become property of NASAR and subject to publication.
Members of the NASAR K9 Committee, the selection committee and the Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.