We hope that you will enjoy the flexibility that the NASAR on line SARTECH III certification exam offers you. We recognize that the majority of individuals involved in Search and Rescue are volunteers with limited availability for training and testing. Therefore, this exam is available to you "24 / 7 / 365" so you can complete this important step in your SAR training according to your schedule, not ours.
Cost is $55 for NASAR members and $70 for non members. To pay the member price you must handle the payment transaction through the NASAR bookstore. Your membership will be verified, the credit card processed and a coupon code will be emailed to you for use in taking the exam. If you choose to take the exam without following these steps, you will be charged the non member rate of $70 and no refund will be issued. Those that pass the exam will be recorded in the NASAR data base as a SARTECH III and receive an official SARTECH III certificate, NASAR patch and SARTECH III rocker from NASAR. You may take the exam as many times as needed to pass but you must repay the fee each time you take it.
Cost is $15 for NASAR members and non members. There is no need to contact NASAR prior to taking this exam. Those that pass can print an unofficial certificate at the end of the exam. They will not be recorded in the NASAR data base as a SARTECH III and will not receive a certificate, NASAR patch or SARTECH III rocker from NASAR. You may take the exam as many times as needed to pass but you must repay the $15 each time you take it.
* Neither your NASAR membership number nor your bookstore account log in are tied to this on line SARTECH III exam store. If you have not logged in to take the exam before, you are a new user and must create the log in and password as directed through the process.
*The on line SARTECH III exam and related services are powered by NetCertification and Cyanna Education Services. For questions or problems please contact their Support Center.
* This is a timed exam of 90 minutes with 75 questions. Every time you proceed to the next question your question is saved. In the event of computer issues, if the exam becomes disabled, your completed questions are saved.
* If you are knocked out of the exam for any reason, log into your account, by either clicking the link found in the online purchase confirmation email or on click here at the To pay online link above. Once you have logged in, click on the yellow icon under "Details". The following screen will show the exam status as "In Progress" and there will be a clickable link "Resume". Once you click on resume, you will be prompted for the reason you were disconnected. Once you have submitted the reason for disconnection, the exam will resume where you last left off.
* A pass or fail result will be given at the end of the exam. It is not possible to provide which exam answers were incorrect.
* Official certification is mailed directly from NASAR Headquarters in Virginia. Please allow several weeks for processing and delivery.
* Those who successfully complete the "unofficial" exam may print a system-generated certificate at the end of the exam session.
* The textbook that prepares a student to take the SARTECH III certification exam is entitled Introduction to Search and Rescue. The ISAR book may be purchased through the on line bookstore on the NASAR website. Effective 09/01/2008, the textbook needed will be the 2008 edition. Previous editions will not contain all the material tested on the SARTECH III exam.
Please be sure to turn off pop-up blockers or you will not be able to access the exam.